Bienvenido al Rincón del Delegado
Información sobre y de nuestro Delegado del Área.
31 de Agosto, 2017
August has been a busy month. Had a wonderful mini-family reunion up North, enjoyed the eclipse, and even saw that the leaves are already turning vibrant colors there. I arrived home to find 660 pounds of Final Conference Reports had been delivered! Of course, I will be bringing them to Assembly in October.
The July issue of AAWS Highlights is now posted on our website and linked at the bottom of this article.
Many of you may not be aware of the General Service Board action of initiating a lawsuit to stop the auction of a printer's copy of the Big Book manuscript which includes notes from Bill. Following is a brief synopsis of the action:
- ...the General Service Board requested and was granted a temporary restraining order by New York State Supreme Court to prevent the 1939 Printer's Copy manuscript of Alcoholics Anonymous from being sold at auction in June.
- The manuscript was gifted to A.A.W.S. by Mr. Barry Leach but was not transferred at the time of his death in 1985. The Board's decision to pursuing litigation was not taken lightly. One of A.A.'s guiding principles tells us to avoid public controversy.
- However, the Board believes the manuscript is such significant piece of A.A. history that we needed to assert our rightful ownership claims.
At the October assembly there will be a general sharing session entitled: "Manuscript Litigation: What are the facts?" Please join us if you are able at 11:15am in Ballroom B. I need your input regarding this issue! Do you have concerns? Do you have questions? Are you OK with it, or not & why? Please discuss with your GSRs/Groups/Districts so I can be fully informed on the group conscience of our Area on this issue. I have emailed some pertinent documents to the panel, DCMs, and Past Delegates. Email me if you want them.
If you cannot make it to that meeting but have input, please email me and I will include your comments in my file on the matter.
Here is the website you can find all the legal documents pertaining to the lawsuit: http://iapps.courts.state.ny.us/iscroll/ Type in the Index Search Number: 652676-2017
REMEMBER: The deadline for Proposed Agenda Items for the 68th General Service Conference is December 15, 2017. If you or your group intends to put forth an Agenda Item, it will need to come to the Area Assembly in October for a vote. Please bring any that you might have to the appropriate workshop in October so it can be vetted and then voted on by the body at the business meeting.
My schedule right now: Sept. 17, District 5, Post Conference Workshop, Tallahassee; . November 10-12 SSAASA, Atlanta, GA, November 18, District 6, Gratitude Dinner, St. Augustine. Please remember, if I have an open date on my calendar it is yours if you invite me! And, remember, I love to come out to your area!
Area 14 Panel 67
Thank you all again for the opportunity to serve.
- NUEVO! Resumen de A.A.W.S. de septiembre
- Resumen de A.A.W.S. de julio
- Informe Final de la 67ª Conferencia de Servicios Generales de A.A.
- 67TH GSC Quick Reference
- Safety Card for A.A. Groups
- Acciones recomendables de la 67a Conferencia de Servicios Generales
- Consideraciones de los Comités 2017
- Recomendaciones y acciones plenarias que no llegaron a ser Acciones Recomendables de la Conferencia
"AA Communication Can Cross All Barriers", AA Co-Founder, Bill W., July 1960
The Language of the Heart
Declaracion de Unidad
Debemos hacer esto para el futuro de A.A.; Colocar en primer lugar nuestro bienestar común; para mantener nuestra Comunidad unida.
Porque de la unidad de A.A. dependen nuestra vidas, y las vidas de todos los que vendrá.
Favor echar un vistazo a la sección Actas de nuestro sitio web.