Bienvenido al Rincón del Delegado
Información sobre y de nuestro Delegado del Área.
20 de junio, 2017
Since returning from Conference, it's been a very busy time. I've done post-conference workshops in Daytona for Districts 8, 19, 20, 21 & 32; Fruitland for Districts 7A, 7B, and 17; Brooksville for District 13 and will do the final one June 25th in Jacksonville for Districts 1, 3, 4, 6, 24, 25 & 30. I am so grateful that these DCMs collaborate to bring Districts together for these workshops - it makes it possible for me to get around to more of our fellowship.
District 23 held a wonderful workshop on May 23rd focusing on Responsibility. The agenda keyed in on Responsibility on all levels, I was pleased to present GSO's responsibility to the groups, districts & worldwide. This workshop was very well attended and the presenters brought greater understanding of A.A. as a whole. Among many others, Our Area Chair, Annette also presented Area's responsibility to Districts and Groups, And Jason, M., District 15 DCM presented on responsibility of District to Groups!
It was reported by our GSO treasurer that it costs $7.27 per member annually for group services. That amount is not met by contributions. There is a challenge on for members to go online on 7/27/17 and contribute $7.27! Online contributions are so easy - there is a "Make a Contribution" tab in the middle of the home page at aa.org. Recurring contributions are also a money saving process - since employees at GSO open and process about 200 envelopes a day. So, using the online recurring contribution frees that employee up to handle other tasks.
I have been doing recurring contributions for quite a while now - I don't even have to think about "am I doing my part for self-support". I love how convenient it is! Your group can even make group contributions here. Save time and save a stamp! Get this: 82, 600 contributions were mailed in 2016, and just the postage to mail them cost: $40,474! Wouldn't we rather see that in actual contributions?
Looking forward to seeing you all at the July Assembly. I will be giving a Post Conference Report at the 4:30pm meeting on Saturday.
Thank you all for the wonderful work you do for Alcoholics Anonymous.
Please check the "What's New" tab at aa.org. Some I found particularly interesting:
- Box 4-5-9 Summer 2017 – Supporting Our Future - Watch for it in your mailbox! This issue features a report on the 67th General Service Conference.
- Non-trustee Director sought for A.A. World Services Board - Deadline for resumes: July 7, 2017.
- Spring 2017 issue of "About A.A." newsletter for professionals - This issue responds to the questions, What are some of the myths and misconceptions professionals may have in referring alcoholics to A.A.?
- And be sure to check back often! GSO is always adding new information.
- The A.A. Service Manual, 2016-2018 - Reflecting actions of the 2016 General Service Conference, this is the first biennial edition of the Service Manual, which means we won't get a printed copy this year. You can see the approved changes in the Conference Report.
Area 14 Panel 67
Thank you all again for the opportunity to serve.
- 2017 Advisory actions
- 2017 Committee Considerations
- 2017 Recommendations and Floor Actions That Did Not Result in Conference Advisory Actions
"AA Communication Can Cross All Barriers", AA Co-Founder, Bill W., July 1960
The Language of the Heart
Declaracion de Unidad
Debemos hacer esto para el futuro de A.A.; Colocar en primer lugar nuestro bienestar común; para mantener nuestra Comunidad unida.
Porque de la unidad de A.A. dependen nuestra vidas, y las vidas de todos los que vendrá.
Favor echar un vistazo a la sección Actas de nuestro sitio web.