Welcome to the Delegate's Corner
Information about and from our Area Delegate.
Delegate's Corner - November, 2019
Thank you for visiting the Delegate's Corner. I wanted to give you some updates before some of us head off to Lake Janulaska NC (BRRRR) for Southern States AA Service Assembly. I love this event, and so appreciate your support of my attendance. I always learn so much to bring back with me.
Remember - deadline for proposed agenda items for next year - 12/15/2019.
If you did not get a General Service Conference Final Report - contact your DCM, me, or download the digital version from our password protected page.
Save the Date - Michele G., Non-alcoholic Trustee, Chairman of the General Service Board, will be our guest in January. Reserve your room and plan to attend now.
I had an amazing time at the South Florida Area Assembly as their Guest. I saw some old friends and met some new ones. It's always helpful to see how other Areas do things and consider new ideas.
Along with Past Delegate Joyce C, I participated in workshops in District 7 and 5 and a Gratitude dinner in District 7. Thank you for the invites and hospitality. I attended a district meeting in District 14 and spoke at a local group. Myself and others presented workshops in District 19 - Home Group, and District 25 "Service, GSR and Concepts". These events always provide learning and fellowship opportunities.
DCMs have received the list of available dates for Pre and Post Conference workshops next year. This will allow for more time to plan and collaborate with other Districts. Three Pre-Conferences and two Post Conferences are already scheduled. Email me if you would like an updated schedule.
Check the schedule below - maybe we will see each along the way.
Thank you for your continued support - see you around the Area or at Assembly in January!
Thank you for celebrating service with me!
In love & service,
Delegate, Area 14, Panel 69
"Our Big Book - 80 years, 71 Languages"
- November 17 - District 28 Gratitude Dinner - Speaking
- February 6-9, 2020 - Atlanta Delegates Get Together – with Alternate Delegate
- February 29, 2020 - Spacecoast Pre-Conference Workshop
- March 1, 2020 - Daytona - District 8, 19, 20, 21, and 22 Pre-Conference Workshop
- March 7, 2020 - Longwood - District 18, 9, 10 and 11 Pre-Conference Workshop
- March 14, 2020 - Crystal Springs District 28 and others, Pre-Conference Workshop
- April 17-25, 2020 - NYC 70th General Service Conference
- May 3, 2020 - Daytona - District 8, 19, 20, 21, and 22 Post Conference Workshop
- May 9, 2020 - Longwood - District 18, 9, 10 and 11 Post Conference Workshop
- May 16, 2020 - TBD - District 28 and others, Post Conference Workshop
This we owe to A.A.'s future: to place our common welfare first; to keep our Fellowship united. For on A.A. unity depend our lives and the lives of those to come.