Welcome to the Delegate's Corner
Information about and from our Area Delegate.
Delegate's Corner - February
I have just returned from the South East Region Delegate's Get-Together. Our Alternate Delegate and Past Delegates, Tom G and Joyce C were also there. We missed those who were unable to attend, some due to illness, please keep them in your thoughts. The purpose of this event is to prepare Delegates going to Conference, especially those elected this year. It was great to meet our new-elected Delegates and Alternates and be inspired by the sharing.
We also heard the South East Regional Trustee report from 1st quarter Board Meeting, from our friend Cathy. Some of the highlights were:
- Registrars are trained and able to perform some functions on new program ERP.
- Meeting Guide is up to 230,000 users. There is now an FAQ and a support page on aa.org.
- Newly designed aa.org website is in final stages of approval.
- YP Video - "Young and Sober - From Drinking to Recovery" will be on aa.org YouTube Channel soon.
- Our Pension Plan and Retiree Medical Benefits plan are 100% funded - a goal we have worked on for some time.
- Reserve fund is at 9.13 months of operating expenditures.
- Contributions for 2019 were 8,855,687 and Online Contributions were greater than 1 Mil for the first time.
- International Convention - 28,000 registered. 40th million Big Book will be presented to National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA). 2035 Site selection will include dates other than July 4th for several reasons surrounding that it will be our 100th Anniversary.
- I had the opportunity to review the updated "Your General Service Office" video that will hopefully be approved at Conference - Delightful and shinned up like a new penny! You will be amazed when you see it - hopefully by summer.
You should have received the Final Agenda Items for the General Service Conference now, from me or through your DCM. If not, please contact me and I'll send right away. We still expect background material next weekend, as well as the draft of the updated Service Manual will be provided to Report and Charter Committee Members for review.
Check the schedule below - I hope we will see each along the way.
Thank you for your continued support - see you around the Area or at Assembly in April!
Thank you for celebrating service with me!
Delegate, Area 14, Panel 69
"2020: A Clear Vision for You"
- February 29 - Spacecoast - Pre Conference Workshop - flyer
- March 1 - Daytona - Pre Conference Workshop Dist. 8, 19, 20, 21, 22, 32 - flyer
- March 7 - Longwood - Pre Conference Workshop Dist. 18, 9, 10 and 11 flyer
- March 14 - Dunnllon - Pre Conference Workshop Dist. 28, 27, 14, 17, 7 - flyer
- March 15 - Brooksville - Pre Conference Workshop Dist. 13 flyer
- March 29 - Jacksonville - Pre Conference Workshop Dist. 25, 3, 30, 4 flyer
- April 3-5 - St Augustine - NFAC Area Assembly
- April 17-25 - Rye Brook, NY - 70th General Service Conference
- May 3 - Daytona - Post Conference Workshop Dist. 8, 19, 20, 21, and 22
- May 9 - Longwood - Post Conference Workshop Dist. 18, 9, 10 and 11
- May 16 - Dunnellon - Post Conference Workshop Dist. 28, 27, 14, 17, 7 - flyer
- May 17 - Brooksville - Post Conference Workshop Dist. 13 flyer
- May 31 - Jacksonville - Post Conference Workshop Dist. 25, 3, 30, 4
- July 1-5 - Detroit, MI - International Convention
- July 10-12 - St Augustine - NFAC Area Assembly
This we owe to A.A.'s future: to place our common welfare first; to keep our Fellowship united. For on A.A. unity depend our lives and the lives of those to come.