Welcome to the Delegate's Corner
Information about and from our Area Delegate.
Delegate's Corner - November, 2019
Thank you for visiting the Delegate's Corner. I have returned from the SSAASA with lots of new information to share with you.
Remember - deadline for proposed agenda items for next year - 12/15/2019.
If you did not get a General Service Conference Final Report - contact your DCM, me, or download the digital version from our password protected page.
Save the Date - Michele G., Non-alcoholic Trustee, Chairman of the General Service Board, will be our guest in January. Reserve your room and plan to attend now.
I had an amazing time at the South Florida Area Assembly as their Guest. I saw some old friends and met some new ones. It's always helpful to see how other Areas do things and consider new ideas.
Several of us attended the Southern States AA Service Assembly at Lake Janaluska, NC. We caught glimspes of breathtaking views as we ran from workshop to workshop. So much to hear and learn, we were slitting workshops and sharing our notes, 'cause we couldn't get to them all. I love this event, and so appreciate your support of my attendance. I always learn so much to bring back with me
The fourth quarter Board report has been received. Here are just a few notable issues:
- LinkedIn page for Alcoholics Anonymous will be online any day now
- ERP challenges caused delays in mailing out GSR and DCM Packages - this backlog is now caught up. Committee kits now being shipped.
- ASL Big Book is now available for ordering
- Did you know November is Archives Month? Publishing is looking for stories from Archivist for the Archives workbook.
- There is an update of the Proposed Agenda items for 70th General Service Conference list - 25 items now on the list.
- International Convention: 21,000 have registered as of 10/7/2019. Current plans are to mail badges and souvenir books after 5/15/2020 to avoid long registration lines at the event.
DCMs have received the list of available dates for Pre and Post Conference workshops next year. This will allow for more time to plan and collaborate with other Districts. Four Pre-Conferences and three Post Conferences are already scheduled. Email me if you would like an updated schedule of remaining dates.
Check the schedule below - maybe we will see each along the way.
Thank you for your continued support - see you around the Area or at Assembly in January!
Thank you for celebrating service with me!
Delegate, Area 14, Panel 69
"Our Big Book - 80 years, 71 Languages"
- January 3-5, 2020 - St Augustine - NFAC Area Assembly
- February 6-9, 2020 - Atlanta Delegates Get Together – with Alternate Delegate
- February 29, 2020 - Spacecoast Pre-Conference Workshop
- March 1, 2020 - Daytona - District 8, 19, 20, 21, and 22 Pre-Conference Workshop
- March 7, 2020 - Longwood - District 18, 9, 10 and 11 Pre-Conference Workshop
- March 14, 2020 - Crystal Springs District 28 and others, Pre-Conference Workshop
- April 17-25, 2020 - NYC 70th General Service Conference
- May 3, 2020 - Daytona - District 8, 19, 20, 21, and 22 Post Conference Workshop
- May 9, 2020 - Longwood - District 18, 9, 10 and 11 Post Conference Workshop
- May 16, 2020 - TBD - District 28 and others, Post Conference Workshop
This we owe to A.A.'s future: to place our common welfare first; to keep our Fellowship united. For on A.A. unity depend our lives and the lives of those to come.