Español

NFAC ASSEMBLY INFORMATION - Panel 69

Southbank Hotel Jacksonville Riverwalk
1515 Prudential Drive Jacksonville
Florida 32207
904-396-5100

JANUARY HOTEL BOOKING LINK

AGENDAS ARE POSTED APPROXIMATELY 30 DAYS BEFORE EACH ASSEMBLY

SEPTEMBER ASSEMBLY WILL BE VIRTUAL

September Host Districts: 7A, 7B, 17, 30

Future Assembly Dates:
2020
September 25-27 VIRTUAL
2021
January 8-10 | April 9-11 | July 9-11 | October 8-10

September 2020 Agenda:
Time Schedule Chair Zoom Info
Friday, September 25
6:30pm-7:30pm Registration Host Districts 17 & 30 ID: 869 7598 4565
Pwd: 712124
Direct Link
Dial in:
(312) 626-6799
(646) 876-9923
(301) 715-8592
6:30pm-7:30pm Registrar Room Carl G. ID:342 556 8140
Pwd: Area 14
Direct Link
Dial in:
(312) 626-6799
(646) 876-9923
(301) 715-8592
7:30pm-9:30pm Zoom Orientation - Participating in Service Tech12 ID: 869 7598 4565
Pwd: 712124
Direct Link
Dial in:
(312) 626-6799
(646) 876-9923
(301) 715-8592
Saturday, September 26
8:00am-3:00pm Registration Host District 17 & 30 ID: 969 7796 4646
Pwd: 280192
Direct Link
Dial in:
(312) 626-6799
(646) 876-9923
(301) 715-8592
8:00am-12:00pm Registrar Room Carl G. ID:342 556 8140
Pwd: Area 14
Direct Link
Dial in:
(312) 626-6799
(646) 876-9923
(301) 715-8592
9:00am-9:45am GSR Orientation/Assembly Workshop Information (Español) Dick G - Past Delegate & Lori P. ID: 898 7264 4337
Pwd: 863400
Direct Link
Dial in:
(312) 626-6799
(646) 876-9923
(301) 715-8592
9:00am-9:45am DCM, Service Coordinators, Officers Ruth R. ID: 899 7943 9710
Pwd: 452547
Direct Link
Dial in:
(312) 626-6799
(646) 876-9923
(301) 715-8592
9:00am-9:45am I.F.F. Crew Advisory Actions & Structures and Guidelines Vivian F. ID: 821 3585 3768
Pwd: 433143
Direct Link
Dial in:
(312) 626-6799
(646) 876-9923
(301) 715-8592
10:00am-11:00am Accessibilities Meriem Mc. ID: 823 0565 1875
Pwd: 428776
Direct Link
Dial in:
(312) 626-6799
(646) 876-9923
(301) 715-8592
10:00am-11:00am Archives Beth E. ID: 834 4225 1742
Pwd: 756032
Direct Link
Dial in:
(312) 626-6799
(646) 876-9923
(301) 715-8592
10:00am-11:00am Intergroup Tia Mc. ID: 894 2536 4171
Pwd: 817878
Direct Link
Dial in:
(312) 626-6799
(646) 876-9923
(301) 715-8592
10:00am-11:00am Public Information Marcela W. ID: 833 0658 1446
Pwd: 509381
Direct Link
Dial in:
(312) 626-6799
(646) 876-9923
(301) 715-8592
10:00am-11:00am Grapevine Melanie E. ID: 842 9447 2112
Pwd: 814288
Direct Link
Dial in:
(312) 626-6799
(646) 876-9923
(301) 715-8592
11:15am-12:15pm Cooperation with Professional Community Richard S. ID: 836 1015 2620
Pwd: 452547
Direct Link
Dial in:
(312) 626-6799
(646) 876-9923
(301) 715-8592
11:15am-12:15pm Treatment Bryant G. ID: 884 3079 4436
Pwd: 498809
Direct Link
Dial in:
(312) 626-6799
(646) 876-9923
(301) 715-8592
11:15am-12:15pm Corrections Clark M. ID: 852 3951 2792
Pwd: 433143
Direct Link
Dial in:
(312) 626-6799
(646) 876-9923
(301) 715-8592
11:15am-12:15pm Literature Mary A. ID: 818 9398 2462
Pwd: 428776
Direct Link
Dial in:
(312) 626-6799
(646) 876-9923
(301) 715-8592
11:15am-12:15pm NFAC FL State Convention Oversight Richard C. ID: 893 8676 3836
Pwd: 756032
Direct Link
Dial in:
(312) 626-6799
(646) 876-9923
(301) 715-8592
12:15pm-1:15pm Concepts Workshop (Español) - Lunch & Learn Dick G., Past Delegate ID: 854 5338 3476
Pwd: 863400
Direct Link
Dial in:
(312) 626-6799
(646) 876-9923
(301) 715-8592
1:00pm-3pm Registrar Room Carl G. ID: 342 556 8140
Pwd: Area 14
Direct Link
Dial in:
(312) 626-6799
(646) 876-9923
(301) 715-8592
1:30pm-3pm Finance Committee Paige B. ID: 878 0655 9642
Pwd: 817878
Direct Link
Dial in:
(312) 626-6799
(646) 876-9923
(301) 715-8592
1:30pm-3pm Website Committee Vicki E. ID: 869 7598 4565
Pwd: 712124
Direct Link
Dial in:
(312) 626-6799
(646) 876-9923
(301) 715-8592
1:30pm-3pm Growth Committee Richard C. ID: 824 2918 9107
Pwd: 814288
Direct Link
Dial in:
(312) 626-6799
(646) 876-9923
(301) 715-8592
1:30pm-3pm Site and Agenda Committee Lori P. ID: 864 6331 1263
Pwd: 452547
Direct Link
Dial in:
(312) 626-6799
(646) 876-9923
(301) 715-8592
1:30pm-3pm GSR Workshop:The Service Manual (Español) Cathy B., Class B Trustee ID: 889 7968 6139
Pwd: 863400
Direct Link
Dial in:
(312) 626-6799
(646) 876-9923
(301) 715-8592
3:15pm-6:30pm Business Meeting (Español) Ruth R. ID: 861 7692 4661
Pwd: 863400
Direct Link
Dial in:
(312) 626-6799
(646) 876-9923
(301) 715-8592
6:30-7:45pm Dinner with the Delegate Annette D. ID: 872 3342 1837
Pwd: 809414
Direct Link
Dial in:
(312) 626-6799
(646) 876-9923
(301) 715-8592
7:00pm-7:45pm Registration Host Districts 17 & 30 ID: 969 7796 4646
Pwd: 280192
Direct Link
Dial in:
(312) 626-6799
(646) 876-9923
(301) 715-8592
8:00pm-9:15pm Speaker Meeting (Español) - Susan F. Host District 7A & B ID: 814 8095 2958
Pwd: 925846
Direct Link
Dial in:
(312) 626-6799
(646) 876-9923
(301) 715-8592
Sunday, September 27
8:00am–8:45am Registrar's Room Carl G. ID: 342 556 8140
Pwd: Area 14
Direct Link
Dial in:
(312) 626-6799
(646) 876-9923
(301) 715-8592
8:00am–8:45am Registration Host Districts 17 & 30 ID: 884 7287 7738
Pwd: 452547
Direct Link
Dial in:
(312) 626-6799
(646) 876-9923
(301) 715-8592
9:00am–12:00pm Non-Voting Room ID: 884 7287 7738
Pwd: 452547
Direct Link
Dial in:
(312) 626-6799
(646) 876-9923
(301) 715-8592
9:00am-12:00pm Election Assembly (Español) Chet P., Past S.E. Regional Trustee ID: 879 4629 3674
Pwd:
Direct Link
Dial in:
(312) 626-6799
(646) 876-9923
(301) 715-8592

What’s Happening in our Workshops

Accessibilities - “Accessibility in the Age of Covid” We will discuss the challenges of AA members, such as whether or not to attend in person meetings, can masks be required, zoom meetings, what can we do to help our financially challenged and technologically challenged members. Also, we will brainstorm ideas for how to get our message in jails, prisons, institutions, rehabs and nursing homes when we’re not allowed in them.

Archives - The Archives Workshop will be “The Lost Arts of the 12th Step Call and Sponsorship”. We will hear from Old Timers about how they came into AA. Everyone is encouraged to bring stories about how their Sponsors introduced them to 12th step work. How 12th Step and Sponsorship work is evolving in the digital world.

Cooperation with Professional Community - We will present a panel discussion with 4 members who have been involved with CPC activities - district &/or Area during panel 69. Each panelist will share from their experience: what experiences have you had; what did you learn about CPC thru your activities, & what more is needed in your district; in Area 14 Then we will elicit input from the attendees-their ideas & their efforts. A Q&A time will complete the workshop.

Corrections - We plan on discussing how we have been able to maintain contact with incarcerated AA members during the pandemic. Although we haven't been able to take meetings into facilities there are other creative ways to maintain contact, and those will be solicited at the workshop. We will also revisit our efforts to provide AA literature on tablets through J-Pay, as well as ideas on how to create a district within Area 14 in order to provide groups within facilities representation at our Area assemblies.

Finance - The primary focus of the Finance Committee will be the state of the area's finances and the approval of the proposed 2021 budget. Should any motions be brought to committee they will be addressed. With any remaining time, we will host a Q & A or entertain open discussion on relevant topics.

Grapevine – “Everything Grapevine!” We will start sharing how the Grapevine representative (GvR) is the person who, every month, brings the homegroup that special mix of inspiration, personal stories, history, humor and diverse opinion we all know as the AA Grapevine. We will also share other ways to the representative makes sure that at the group, district and area-level play an important role in the AA service structure, helping to carry the message of AA to the alcoholic who still suffers.

Growth - We will continue our discussion on the pros and cons of having a Correction District. Look at the effects this might have on the work already done by the local Groups and Districts.

I.F.F. Crew - The I.F.F. Crew will be discussing the two motions that were returned to committee to discuss and any comments or concerns from the proposed Structures and Guidelines printed in the minutes. Motion to accept the proposed format of the Advisory Action Revision 1.0 excel spreadsheet. Motion Referred to Committee (I.F.F. Crew) 2 Motion to correct April 2010 motion in the Advisory Actions from “emailed the password protected area” to “that receive the password to the protected area”. Referred to Committee.

Intergroup - A Power Point will be presented on Circles of Love and Service. The discussion will center on how Central Offices and Intergroup fit into the A.A. Service Structure. This workshop will cumulate the Intergroup workshop series of working together. A few Intergroup chairs will be available to speak and answer questions.

Literature -The Literature workshop for the upcoming virtual assembly will be a review of the workshops we shared during this panel. A Journey Through Service Literature and The History of AA Through Our Literature will be reviewed. We will look at the Literature agenda items that went to NY and those that will be discussed now next year due to the unusual year we have all experienced in 2020. This year has also provided a unique opportunity to have participated in making new AA history. How might we be a part in making that new AA literature? See you there!!

Oversight- Oversight will be getting an update from the Chair of the 64th Florida State Convention as to any changes or the way they’re letting everyone know about the way they can help. Walter S. will be giving a financial update and where the Convention stands with registration.

Public Information - Public Information in Alcoholics Anonymous, what it used to be like, what happened and how is it like now. PI Zoom workshops 101, panel PI presentation and Q&A

Site and Agenda - The Technology Sub Committee will report on activities since our last assembly in July. Maureen T. will present her report on ways and means to support Technology as a Site for virtual or hybrid assemblies. A report on readiness of January 2021 assembly hotel will be given. Update on bids received for 2023-2024 will be shared.

Treatment – “The Digital Landscape: how to facilitate helping newcomers use internet resources”. Things that will be discussed: Hybridized meetings, using Zoom or other real time video conferencing technology in unison with brick and mortar meetings. Reaching out to facilities to create online meetings for clients. Last ditch drive to get members to sign up for being Bridging the Gap volunteers. Speaking on the importance of the need, especially in these concerning times.

Dinner with the Delegate - I know it's been a long day, but I hope you will drop in to visit while you dine. It's our chance to talk about our journey together the last two years, some updates from the General Service Board you may have missed and finally to say goodbye, since we may not be together again before the end of the year.

VOTING MEMBER NOMENCLATURE TO BE USED IN YOUR ZOOM PROFILE NAME
Voting Members:

  • D13-654324 GSR Bob W. = District 13, Group Number GSR, Bob W.
  • D13-654324A Alt GSR Tom L. = District 13, Group Number Alt. GSR Tom L.
  • D13 DCM Sue F. = District DCM Sue F.
  • D13A Alt DCM June C. = District 13 Alt. DCM June C.
  • SC Clark M. = Service Coordinator Clark M.
  • REGIS Carl G. = Registrar Carl G.
  • SEC Terri-Lynn S. = Secretary Terri-Lynn S.
  • TREAS Deb B. = Treasurer Deb B.
  • ALTCHAIR Lori P. = Alt. Chair Lori P.
  • CHAIR Ruth R. = Chair Ruth R.
  • ALTDEL Richard C. = Alt. Delegate Richard C.
  • DELEGATE Annette D. = Delegate Annette D.

Non-voting members:

  • GUEST/VISITOR Jane D. = Jane D.
  • PARLM Pete C. = Parliam. Pete C.
  • ARCH Vivian F. = Archivist
  • PASTDEL Dick G. = Dick G.

<Top of Page>