Español

NFAC ASSEMBLY INFORMATION - Panel 69

Southbank Hotel Jacksonville Riverwalk
1515 Prudential Drive Jacksonville
Florida 32207
904-396-5100

JANUARY ASSEMBLY WILL BE ON ZOOM

APRIL HOTEL BOOKING LINK

JULY HOTEL BOOKING LINK

OCTOBER HOTEL BOOKING LINK

AGENDAS ARE POSTED APPROXIMATELY 30 DAYS BEFORE EACH ASSEMBLY

JANUARY ASSEMBLY WILL BE ON ZOOM

January Host Districts: 1, 8, 17, 23, 25

Future Assembly Dates:
2021
January 8-10 | April 9-11 | July 9-11 | October 8-10
2022
January 7-9 | April 8-10 | July 8-10 | October 7-9

NEW! Area Assembly First-Timers Tips

January 2021 Agenda:
Time Schedule Chair Zoom Info
Friday, January 8
6:00pm-8:00pm Registration Host District 23 ID: 862 0204 1945
Pwd: serenity
Direct Link
Ph: +1 669 900 6833
Code: 46027073
8:00pm-9:00pm Discussion Meeting Host District 25 ID: 822 1274 6677
Pwd: serenity
Direct Link
Ph: +1 312 626 6799
Code: 00605977
Saturday, January 9
8:00am-4:15pm Registration Host District 23 ID: 830 4512 8129
Pwd: serenity
Direct Link
Ph: +1 929 205 6099
Code: 4640030
9:00am-4:00pm Registrar Room - break between 1:30pm and 2:30pm Mary P. ID: 84576404846
Pwd: serenity
Direct Link
Ph: +1 346 248 7799
Code: 84483496
9:00am-4:00pm Hospitality Room District 10 ID: 882 8695 6720
Pwd: serenity
Direct Link
Ph: +1 253 215 8782
Code: 87288149
9:00am-9:45am GSR Orientation (Español) Annette D. and Terri-Lynn S. ID: 811 5657 9862
Pwd: serenity
Direct Link
Ph: +1 669 900 6833
Code: 04032936
9:00am-9:45am DCM-Officers-Service Coordinators Ruth R. Lori P. ID: 856 4563 6883
Pwd: serenity
Direct Link
Ph: +1 346 248 7799
Code: 42897476
10:00am-11:00am Accessibilities Tia M. ID: 851 4796 8525
Pwd: serenity
Direct Link
Ph: +1 301 715 8592
Code: 10148114
10:00am-11:00am Workshop (Traditions 1,2,3) (Español) Host District 1 Joyce C. ID: 886 0697 2773
Pwd: serenity
Direct Link
Ph: +1 253 215 8782
Code: 06284991
10:00am-11:00am Intergroup Lindy J. ID: 876 3876 6155
Pwd: serenity
Direct Link
Ph: +1 669 900 6833
Code: 04068264
10:00am-11:00am Public Information Tim S. ID: 834 0457 9936
Pwd: serenity
Direct Link
Ph: +1 312 626 6799
Code: 41412711
11:15am-12:15pm Cooperation with Professional Community Tom S. ID: 812 5040 6065
Pwd: serenity
Direct Link
Ph: +1 253 215 8782
Code: 71675447
11:15am-12:15pm Archives Bob C. ID: 851 9381 3463
Pwd: serenity
Direct Link
Ph: +1 669 900 6833
Code: 41839158
11:15am-12:15pm Corrections Nanette L ID: 857 5570 9783
Pwd: serenity
Direct Link
Ph: +1 929 205 6099
Code: 48606087
11:15am-12:15pm Literature Nina V. ID: 874 6877 4256
Pwd: serenity
Direct Link
Ph: +1 346 248 7799
Code: 67065964
12:15pm-1:30pm Delegate Lunch Sharing Session Ruth R. Cathy B. ID: 883 6640 2522
Pwd: serenity
Direct Link
Ph: +1 346 248 7799
Code: 81531276
1:30pm-2:30pm NFAC FL State Convention Oversight Mary A. ID: 848 4215 6230
Pwd: serenity
Direct Link
Ph: +1 253 215 8782
Code: 58662255
1:30pm-2:30pm Grapevine Linda G. ID: 835 5377 6450
Pwd: serenity
Direct Link
Ph: +1 312 626 6799
Code: 07044779
1:30pm-2:30pm Treatment Carl G. ID: 882 2970 3860
Pwd: serenity
Direct Link
Ph: +1 669 900 6833
Code: 59772139
1:30pm-2:30pm Service Manual Annette D. ID: 880 6118 5983
Pwd: serenity
Direct Link
Ph: +1 929 205 6099
Code: 60026151
2:45pm-4:15pm Finance Administrative Committee Bob E. ID: 822 7983 3501
Pwd: serenity
Direct Link
Ph: +1 669 900 6833
Code: 05026152
2:45pm-4:15pm Website Administrative Committee Kevin B. ID: 856 3233 9584
Pwd: serenity
Direct Link
Ph: +1 301 715 8592
Code: 47267457
2:45pm-4:15pm Growth Administrative Committee Mary A. ID: 875 7387 0172
Pwd: serenity
Direct Link
Ph: +1 253 215 8782
Code: 57219690
2:45pm-4:15pm Site and Agenda Administrative Committee Terri-Lynn S. ID: 879 1814 7570
Pwd: serenity
Direct Link
Ph: +1 346 248 7799
Code: 88125250
4:30pm-6:00pm GSR Workshop Site and Agenda Committee ID: 867 4905 4879
Pwd: serenity
Direct Link
Ph: +1 253 215 8782
Code: 85267997
4:30pm-6:00pm DCM and Panel Members Workshop Lori P. ID: 882 8935 5373
Pwd: serenity
Direct Link
Ph: +1 929 205 6099
Code: 52689231
7:00pm-7:45pm Registration Host District 23 ID: 871 1062 8291
Pwd: serenity
Direct Link
Ph: +1 312 626 6799
Code: 45835077
8:00pm-9:15pm Speaker Meeting (Español) Cathy B. Southeast Regional Trustee ID: 856 1996 6311
Pwd: serenity
Direct Link
Ph: +1 253 215 8782
Code: 07615152
Sunday, January 10
8:00am–8:45am Registration Host District 23 ID: 892 7246 9355
Pwd: serenity
Direct Link
Ph: +1 253 215 8782
Code: 42692454
9:00am-12:00pm Business Meeting (Español) Lori P. ID: 876 0216 9730
Pwd: serenity
Direct Link
Ph: +1 346 248 7799
Code: 71895167

WHAT’S IN THE WORKSHOP AND COMMITTEE MEETINGS

ARCHIVIST - Currently there are pictures of the repository on the Area Website under Area 14 Committee and A.A.W.S News. Please check it out and if you would like to visit, contact me at archivist@aanorthflorida.org to set a time and I will be happy to meet you there!!

GSR ORIENTATION (Español) - For GSRs new and experienced. Pick up your Orientation Information. Learn about Assembly, which meeting to attend or Ask questions about being a GSR. Meet new friends!

DCMs-OFFICERS-SERVICE COORDINATORS - Technology for Districts – discussing the Process for delivery of 71st General Service Conference Background material. Workshop and Committee highlights. District happenings share.

HOSPITALITY ROOM – District 10 will be hosting a Hospitality Room from 9:00 – 4:00pm. Come by and say hello and arrange to meet with your friends that you have not seen in a while. Go over the Workshop Summaries and see what workshop or administrative committee meeting you would like to attend.

ACCESSIBILITIES - Let us discuss the following: Success’ and Barriers with Accessibility Committees in your Group. Types of accessibility for groups, Seniors Sober, Safe Meetings: What do they look and feel like? Sharing resources, how do we do that?

TRADITIONS WORKSHOP (Español) - Start the new year out right, come discuss and learn Traditions 1, 2, and 3

INTERGROUP will explore how Area Intergroup Offices are Embracing Change in Alcoholics Anonymous; focusing on where they have been successful and the challenges they continue to navigate, and how the Area can support them.

PUBLIC INFORMATION - will look at how Tradition 10 & Tradition 11 apply to Public Information. The dos and don’ts of the traditions and why anonymity matters at the level of press, radio, and films.

COOPERATION WITH PROFESSIONAL COMMUNITY - My goal for the CPC committee for 2021 will be to improve communications and coordination amongst all districts’ CPC Chairpersons. I will create a Google email list of all Area 14 CPC districts’ chairpersons. Then I will create a Google groups Forum that will allow us to post topics and responses and provide a means for discussions and exchange of ideas to further our CPC mission.”

CORRECTIONS - Join the “new” corrections team for Area 14. Experience inside the walls is NOT a requirement. We will have an AA speaker share with us. Then we will look at the “why” and the “how” we can bring the message of sobriety to your area corrections facilities. Our wrap-up will be a Question-and-Answer period, as well as how we can facilitate a Corrections Committee and workshops in your district.

LITERATURE - We will be discussing the history of AA, The Steps and Tradition through the information in the books and pamphlets. We will also review some of the discussion from the last workshop about our service journey. Make sure to stop by the Literature table and play Literature Jeopardy. Drawing for give-away following 4:30 Workshop.

LUNCH WITH THE DELEGATE - Our special guest, Cathy B, our Southeast Regional Trustee, will be joining us, as will several Past Delegates, including Annette and Joyce. This will be a great time to get to know us better, one on one, rather than just seeing folks at a podium. Ask questions, make suggestions--you name it. We are here to serve you and cannot wait to meet you in a smaller setting where we can all get to know each other better. See you there!

OVERSIGHT COMMITTEE - As the first meeting of this committee for Panel 71, introductions and scope of the committee will be heard. A report will be provided from the November JAC meeting and any other reports from the convention representatives will also be presented. Review of a Bid Package and the timeline for bid submission will be provided both by discussion and virtual link. A question and answer and conversation period will follow as time permits.

GRAPEVINE – “Grapevine Grape Meeters” Let us get to know one another. What has been happening in your Districts? What would you like to get out of this workshop? Discuss and review the new books coming out of the Grapevine. I would like to share some idea’s I have for the next two years.

TREATMENT - Looking at starting a campaign “Sponsor a Treatment Facility”, the idea is to get groups to bring a meeting to a Treatment facility near them. Go over Zoom: hosting a meeting, etc. There are many facilities that are not allowing regular meetings. Zoom is our new tool. Go over “Bridging the Gap” and any other ideas.

SERVICE MANUAL -The Service Manual is our guide to the General Service Structure, from the group down the triangle to the General Service Conference and General Service Board. Why is the triangle upside down? Come find out!

FINANCE ADMINISTRATIVE COMMITTEE - The finance committee will be meeting to receive the revised 2021 budget from the Treasurer and consider its opinion to be presented to the body on Sunday. The committee will also consider and form recommendations concerning any financial motions which may come before it.

WEBSITE ADMINISTRATIVE COMMITTEE - Embracing change by bringing consistency, education, and technology. The committee aspires to lead the NFAC further into the 21st century.

GROWTH ADMINISTRATIVE COMMITTEE - As this will be the first meeting of the Panel 71 committee we will begin with a brief meet and greet from the new members. The scope of the committee will be reviewed with respect to the Structure and Guidelines for Area 14 and a handout (virtual link) will be presented of the North Florida Area Districts. Old business as reflected in the previous panel’s minutes will be addressed and the committee will then hear any new business. A question and answer and conversation period will follow as time permits.

SITE AND AGENDA ADMINISTRATIVE COMMITTEE – Why is this an Administrative committee. Introduce the voting DCMs. What is within accordance to the Structures and Guidelines? After reviewing the responsibilities of this committee, what are the objectives for the first quarter? Assign DCMs to areas within the Committee.

GSR WORKSHOP – A responsibility of a GSR is to support the Delegate. Introduce our Delegate, what does she need from us? Another responsibility of a GSR is to carry the message from the Area to your Group. And from the Group to the Area. The latter is accomplished by 1) understanding the role of the Advisory Actions and Structures and Guidelines and 2) making motions at the Area. Let us learn the process of making motions that effect change at the Area.

DCM and PANEL MEMBERS WORKSHOP - Join us to discuss ideas for creating and delivering engaging Workshops using Zoom Technology. We will discuss how we can best disseminate information to our community when we are not able to meet in person.

VOTING MEMBER NOMENCLATURE TO BE USED IN YOUR ZOOM PROFILE NAME
Voting Members:

  • D13 GSR Bob W. = District 13, Group Number GSR, Bob W.
  • D13A Alt GSR Tom L. = District 13, Group Number Alt. GSR Tom L
  • D13 DCM Sue F. = District DCM Sue F.
  • D13A Alt DCM June C. = District 13 Alt. DCM June C.
  • SC Clark M. = Service Coordinator Clark M.
  • REGIS Carl G. = Registrar Carl G.
  • SEC Terri-Lynn S. = Secretary Terri-Lynn S.
  • TREAS Deb B. = Treasurer Deb B.
  • ALTCHAIR Lori P. = Alt. Chair Lori P.
  • CHAIR Ruth R. = Chair Ruth R.
  • ALTDEL Richard C. = Alt. Delegate Richard C.
  • DELEGATE Annette D. = Delegate Annette D.

Non-voting members:

  • VISITOR Jane D. = Jane D.
  • PARLM Pete C. = Parliam. Pete C.
  • ARCH Vivian F. = Archivist
  • PASTDEL Dick G. = Dick G.

<Top of Page>